Wednesday 19 January 2011

Final Poster Design Two



Feedback:


Norianne says “try and make them a little more similar so they look like they belong to the same film”


Sustaining a clear housestyle was the main problem I had to overcome when creating my posters as my previous ones were each too busy and just didn’t look as if they came from the same film. Each poster had a very amateur vide that came across and I wanted to improve them to make them looks slick and professionally made.

This poster unlike the billboard is much darker and makes use of the silhouette look I wanted to use across the posters. I have used the silhouette of Frank and Charlie in two of my three posters to create an air of mystery and secrecy which is often seen in films within the crime-comedy genre. As seen in my first draft I wanted to incorporate a beam of light or light bulb in some way. If you look closely I tried to create a beam coming our of the car headlights, but it wasn’t very attractive, and after my feedback from it as being to busy, I tried to keep it simple by having a black background with a white beam.

After the research of existing posters within my genre I came across Reservoir Dogs’ which also have a dark look as it is a dark and humorous film But it also uses the beam of like effect I wanted to create, but instead of it coming from a light source, it is coming through a doorway which was probably much easier to create. Using Adobe Photoshop I was able to replicate this layout easily using cookie cutter tools, shapes and paint buckets using just black and white. But I developed on the original but positioning the light beams in front of the car headlights and the doorways is made with the silhouette of a briefcase which are both objects that feature within the film. I also positioned the title of the other side of the page to balance out the spacing, however I still had a lot of blank black space in the shadow section so here is added the tagline at the top and two quotes from both mine and Rachel’s film reviews. The tagline at the top has the words ‘dummies’ highlighted as Frank and Charlie’s idiocy is a running theme throughout the film. Much like my billboard poster I feel that adding the review extracts increase the production value of the poster and gives the impression that Switch is a highly credited film that the industry recognises and recommends.

Moreover, I used the same metallic font and colour scheme and graphics across my poster campaign to sustain the same house style so the audience will recognise that each is from the same film, which was the problem I had to overcome from my first draft of Poster One.

No comments:

Post a Comment